DOUBLE DEEP RACKING
Double Deep Racking stores two pallets deep, or four pallets deep in a double entry rack. Double entry racks reduce the aisle to rack ratio but also reduces pallet selectivity, increasing storage density.
50% immediate pallet access provides reasonable stock rotation on a FILO (First In Last Out) basis and makes good use of all available locations. This system is best used when each SKU has several pallets.
- Storage density increased as rack aisle ratio changes from Selective racking
- 50% immediate accessibility with reasonable stock rotation
- Good use of all available locations, typically above 90%
- Safe and secure handling with the bottom pallet usually off-ground
- Ability to use double deep handling equipment for other tasks
- Best used when each SKU has several pallets